The Illinois Department of Commerce is the State Agency that leads economic development efforts for Illinois. Our main focus is to retain and create jobs.
The Illinois Department of Commerce is the State Agency that leads economic development efforts for Illinois. Our main focus is to retain and create jobs in Illinois by marketing to:
* Existing businesses, encouraging them to reinvest and create more jobs for Illinois citizens;
* New businesses, inviting them to relocate, invest, and create new jobs;
* International companies, positioning Illinois as a global business destination for Foreign Direct Investment;
* Entrepreneurs and investors, connecting resources to support their startups and ventures; and
* Locally and globally, promoting Illinois as a world-class tourism and film destination.
Our Department is organized into the following Offices that are laser focused on economic growth for the State of Illinois: Business Development; Community Development; Employment & Training; Energy & Recycling; Energy Assistance; Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology; Film; Tourism; Trade & Investment; and Urban Assistance.
For more information, visit www.illinois.gov/dceo