UT Southwestern Medical Center is one of the country's leading academic medical centers, patient-care providers, and research institutions.
UT Southwestern, one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation, integrates pioneering biomedical research with exceptional clinical care and education. The institution’s faculty includes many distinguished members, including six who have been awarded Nobel Prizes since 1985. The faculty of more than 2,500 is responsible for groundbreaking medical advances and is committed to translating science-driven research quickly to new clinical treatments. UT Southwestern physicians provide medical care in about 70 specialties to more than 105,000 hospitalized patients, nearly 370,000 emergency room cases, and oversee approximately 3 million outpatient visits a year.
UT Southwestern ranks among the top academic medical centers in the world. Its faculty members – who are responsible for a broad array of groundbreaking biomedical research advances – are respected for their dedication to teaching. UT Southwestern’s physicians provide patients with the highest quality of care throughout the medical center’s outpatient clinics and affiliated hospitals.
The medical center includes three degree-granting institutions: UT Southwestern Medical School, UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and UT Southwestern School of Health Professions.
- The schools train nearly 4,400 medical, graduate and allied health students, residents and postdoctoral fellows each year.
- Ongoing support from federal agencies, along with foundations,
individuals and corporations provide nearly $406 million per year to fund about 3,500 research projects.
- Faculty and residents provide care to almost 100,000 hospitalized patients and oversee nearly 1.9 million outpatient visits
- UT Southwestern has approximately 11,000 employees and an operating budget of more than $1.42 billion.
- In the U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Hospitals 2010-2011 guide, UT Southwestern is nationally ranked in six specialty-care areas, the highest ranking health care provider in North Texas. The medical center was ranked in the specialties of urology, diabetes/endocrinology, gynecology, kidney disorders, neurology and neurosurgery, and ear, nose and throat.
UT Southwestern shuttle service available for patients and the public
DART rail and bus service